If you want to sell your home in this cooling market, it will take more than just slapping a for sale sign out in the front yard and uploading pictures online. Buyers can now afford to be pickier with their selection of homes, so if you want to get top dollar, what can you do to make your property stand out? Today we’ll share a few easy-but-effective ways to prep your home for the market and make it attractive to buyers:
1. Improve your yard and outside surfaces. Many buyers make snap decisions based on how a home looks outside, so make sure to trim your overgrown bushes. Planting fresh flowers and adding a bed of new pine straw will also bring some life to your property.
2. Deep clean every area of your home. Scrub your baseboards, get rid of the dust on your ceiling fans, vacuum dead bugs, and do what you can to make your house squeaky clean.
3. Organize your closets and cupboards. Some buyers will likely judge how you take care of the whole property based on how well you organize and clean your closets and cupboards.
“Many buyers make snap decisions based on how a home looks outside.”
4. Repaint your accent walls with a neutral color. This helps buyers better envision their favorite color in that space.
5. Apply a fresh coat of paint to your door. A new, fresh coat of paint on your door makes your home appear more inviting to buyers.
These DIY home upgrades may be easy, but remember to take your time to do them well. You don’t want to turn off buyers with poorly done projects. If you need more tips on how to prepare your home in its best possible condition, reach out by giving us a call or sending an email, and we will create a customized home-selling strategy for you. We’re here to help!